Weekly Awareness Through Movement® Class Open to the Public
at Sol Healing and Wellness Center, Luna Studio, 13805 Ann Place, Austin, TX
Mondays at 3 PM- 4 PM (early arrival encouraged, late arrival welcomed; room open at 2:45)
* Class will NOT be held on Monday, JULY 4.
* JULY classes will explore ways to smoothly transition between positions (standing, sitting, lying on back, side, or front).
These classes are for people with any level of experience with the Feldenkrais Method® and with most levels of ability. You'll need to be able to lie on a hardwood floor with light padding. If you have questions about the suitability of this class for you, please call me at 512-766-4439.
Each class is an exploration of a particular pattern of movement that you find in your daily activities as well as in specialized skills. I will verbally guide you through a series of movements, while also directing your attention to sensations that accompany those movements. You'll be asked to try many variations and to feel the differences.
The usual result of each class is improved balance, posture, flexibility, spontaneity, and comfort in your body. You may also discover a general sense of greater coordination in how you use your entire body. These changes need reinforcement to become lasting. With regular practice of Awareness Through Movement®, you can incorporate new patterns of efficient movement into your movement repertoire, so they are easy to access when you need them.
* If you cannot comfortably lie on the floor, or if you have serious pain, injury, or disability concerns, please call me to talk about accommodations that might make the classes work for you. It may be that private lessons would work better for you.
* For more description about what a Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement class is like, click here.
* This is a drop-in class with no need to register. If this is your first class, please try to arrive 5-10 minutes early for class. If you arrive when class is already underway, just set yourself up and join in the lesson- no problem if you already know the routine.
*Payment is made at the time of class by cash, check, Venmo, or Paypal. Each class costs $20. Or you may pre-pay for 5 classes for $80.
Feldenkrais®, Feldenkrais Method®, and Guild Certified Feldenkrais PractitionerCM are all service marks, collective or certification marks of the Feldenkrais Guild® of North America.